The tours on this page are suitable for people with a long layover and who are looking for a day tour; some are suitable for people staying at a Heathrow hotel (in which case, please also have a look at the Windsor page as those tours are also relevant).
Tours will be available soon if you wish to transfer from Heathrow to eg a Bath hotel with a sight-seeing tour on the way. Tell me what you’d like to see, and I’ll plan a tour just for you.
Do you have 5 or more hours between flights? Staying in the airport can be so boring, so how about using the time to see a bit of England? A private tour could be just the thing!
- Please allow 1 hour from arrival time to complete formalities, and then you will need 2-3 hours to complete the departing flight’s formalities, so you need AT LEAST 5 hours or more between flights (3-4 hours for formalities + 2 extra hours minimum for the tour itself).
- If you need to bring your suitcases, they can stay in the car. I can take 4 people and up to 6 suitcases.
- If your suitcases are booked through and you don’t need to collect them, I can take up to 6 people and their *small* carry-ons.
- My tours are timed in good faith and I allow extra journey time in case of traffic problems, but I cannot be held responsible for any delays which could mean you miss your flight.
- Layover tours are private tours; prices given on this website are for guidance purposes, but when I give you a quote for your tour, you can be certain that price won’t change, even if, for example, petrol/gas prices continue to rise.
- I will meet you in arrivals, holding a Windsor Day Tours sign with your name on it.
- Tour prices include a ‘meet and greet’ at arrivals, car parking fees, looking after your luggage, and my services as driver-guide, return to Heathrow. Prices do not include admission costs or other incidentals.
- Prices are per car, not individuals!
Click here to read about a Heathrow Layover excursion to Salisbury and Stonehenge.